EXHIBITION : February 25, 2016 — May 29, 2016.
Future Makers 2016
The future stars of craft and design
Here at Manchester Craft & Design Centre, we’re always looking out for the future stars of craft and design. Our resident makers lead this celebration of talent by visiting degree shows across the country each year and choosing graduate artists from a variety of disciplines to feature in their studios. Our makers generously share their studios and expertise with new graduates, showcasing and selling their work to over 35,000 people who visit the MCDC during the showcase.
Our Future Makers this year are:
- Studio 1: Jeweller Mark Newman, Metalwork and Jewellery Design, National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- Studio 4: Mixed media artist Lydia O’Sullivan, Interactive Arts, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 9: Illustrator and textile printmaker Lydia Mary, Textiles in Practice, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 10-11: Glass artist, Kira Meyer, MA, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 12, Jeweller Charlotte Tracey, UCLan
- Studio 16-17: Jewellers Melissa Yarlett, Uclan & Mollie Paling, 3D Design, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 20a: Ceramicist Josie Seymour-Jones, Contemporary Design Crafts, Hereford College of Arts
- Studio 21: Illustrator Elsa Frere, Illustration with Animation, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 22: Jeweller Laura Scott, 3D Design, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 23, Furniture maker Ella Mae Sibley Sparling, Contemporary Design Crafts, Hereford College of Arts
Look out for the Future Makers signs in studio windows to discover the newest craft and design talent.
Future Makers Treasure Trail
Take part in our treasure trail by finding the various Future Makers around our building and completing the puzzle; get a sticker for the littlies* and we will enter you into a draw to win a £10 MCDC gift voucher! Simply hand in your completed trail sheet to our office, or one of our participating Future Makers studios.
*You can have a sticker too if you want
You may also be interested in
Meet the Makers this Autumn
Our makers are excited to back at the workbench and open four days a week, Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 5.30pm this October and November. Our historic fish market building is the perfect place for a relaxed and inspiring shopping trip, where you can meet the makers behind the work and discover fantastic one-off gifts (or treats for yourself). Buying handmade craft and design is also a great way to show your…
Support our Unique Space for Making
In these tough times, we have been helping the many small craft businesses at the Centre with rent relief and business support to help them through the Covid-19 crisis. As a charity we rely on the kindness of our wonderful supporters who share our passion for craft and design. We work closely with local residents,…