EXHIBITION : February 25, 2016 — May 29, 2016.
Future Makers 2016
The future stars of craft and design
Here at Manchester Craft & Design Centre, we’re always looking out for the future stars of craft and design. Our resident makers lead this celebration of talent by visiting degree shows across the country each year and choosing graduate artists from a variety of disciplines to feature in their studios. Our makers generously share their studios and expertise with new graduates, showcasing and selling their work to over 35,000 people who visit the MCDC during the showcase.
Our Future Makers this year are:
- Studio 1: Jeweller Mark Newman, Metalwork and Jewellery Design, National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- Studio 4: Mixed media artist Lydia O’Sullivan, Interactive Arts, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 9: Illustrator and textile printmaker Lydia Mary, Textiles in Practice, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 10-11: Glass artist, Kira Meyer, MA, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 12, Jeweller Charlotte Tracey, UCLan
- Studio 16-17: Jewellers Melissa Yarlett, Uclan & Mollie Paling, 3D Design, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 20a: Ceramicist Josie Seymour-Jones, Contemporary Design Crafts, Hereford College of Arts
- Studio 21: Illustrator Elsa Frere, Illustration with Animation, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 22: Jeweller Laura Scott, 3D Design, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 23, Furniture maker Ella Mae Sibley Sparling, Contemporary Design Crafts, Hereford College of Arts
Look out for the Future Makers signs in studio windows to discover the newest craft and design talent.
Future Makers Treasure Trail
Take part in our treasure trail by finding the various Future Makers around our building and completing the puzzle; get a sticker for the littlies* and we will enter you into a draw to win a £10 MCDC gift voucher! Simply hand in your completed trail sheet to our office, or one of our participating Future Makers studios.
*You can have a sticker too if you want
You may also be interested in
Does The Perfect Work Life Balance Exist?
Written by Sophie. With the onset of the new year and the daunting return to work beginning – it seems more important than ever to begin 2018 with a clear head. As a maker who is most likely self employed or balancing multiple projects at once, a balance between work and life can seem…
Perfect Presents: Christmas Shopping Guide 5
By Helene Buy handmade this Christmas and find your perfect presents! Get something made with love this Christmas at MCDC, a bespoke and unique gift for that unique person in your life. An atmospheric drawing of a building in the city starts us off this week, along with a hand painted scene of dandelions to…