EXHIBITION : February 25, 2016 — May 29, 2016.
Future Makers 2016
The future stars of craft and design
Here at Manchester Craft & Design Centre, we’re always looking out for the future stars of craft and design. Our resident makers lead this celebration of talent by visiting degree shows across the country each year and choosing graduate artists from a variety of disciplines to feature in their studios. Our makers generously share their studios and expertise with new graduates, showcasing and selling their work to over 35,000 people who visit the MCDC during the showcase.
Our Future Makers this year are:
- Studio 1: Jeweller Mark Newman, Metalwork and Jewellery Design, National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- Studio 4: Mixed media artist Lydia O’Sullivan, Interactive Arts, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 9: Illustrator and textile printmaker Lydia Mary, Textiles in Practice, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 10-11: Glass artist, Kira Meyer, MA, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 12, Jeweller Charlotte Tracey, UCLan
- Studio 16-17: Jewellers Melissa Yarlett, Uclan & Mollie Paling, 3D Design, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 20a: Ceramicist Josie Seymour-Jones, Contemporary Design Crafts, Hereford College of Arts
- Studio 21: Illustrator Elsa Frere, Illustration with Animation, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 22: Jeweller Laura Scott, 3D Design, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Studio 23, Furniture maker Ella Mae Sibley Sparling, Contemporary Design Crafts, Hereford College of Arts
Look out for the Future Makers signs in studio windows to discover the newest craft and design talent.
Future Makers Treasure Trail
Take part in our treasure trail by finding the various Future Makers around our building and completing the puzzle; get a sticker for the littlies* and we will enter you into a draw to win a £10 MCDC gift voucher! Simply hand in your completed trail sheet to our office, or one of our participating Future Makers studios.
*You can have a sticker too if you want
You may also be interested in
On the Wire: Call for Submissions
Are you a designer or maker wanting to exhibit in Manchester? On The Wire is a fantastic opportunity at Manchester Craft & Design Centre which allows a selection of artists to hang their work from a suspended wire overlooking our beautiful entrance area. This opportunity is open to any maker working in the UK in any…
Written By Sophie. An effective brand and branding strategy can help your craft business stay ahead of the game, draw new customers in and give you an amazing edge to your competitors. No matter if your brand is a large scale company or a small scale start up, consistent and sharp branding is critical. So,…