Bolton Council has linked with Bolton Business Ventures to offer the following FREE workshops for artists and makers in Greater Manchester. Whether you are looking to start a business or someone who is interested in growing their creative business these workshops will help you on the path to success.
Wednesday 7th October 2015, 9.30am – 3pm
Selling your Work
- How to identify your customers
- Fairs, commissions and exhibitions
- Understanding the market – what sells where
- Creating a Marketing Action Plan
Wednesday 14th October 2015 9.30am – 3pm
Money, Money, Money
- Pricing Artwork, Products, Commissions & Workshops
- How to make a profit without working 24 hours a day
- Methods of pricing for both artists and craft workers
- Funding and sponsorship
- Taking Credit Cards etc.
Wednesday 21st October 2015 9.30am – 3pm
Sharing your Skills
How to increase your income by:
- Running workshops
- Writing articles
Tuesday 3rd November 2015 6 – 8.30pm
Using Social media to boost your business
An interactive workshop (please bring your mobiles, tablets etc.)
- Pinterest etc
Tuesday 10th November 2015 6 – 8.30pm.
Selling over the Internet
Finding the right platform to sell your work
- Popular sites NOTHS, Etsy, the Saatchi Gallery
- Selling over your website
- The importance of good photography
Tuesday 17th November 2015 6 – 8.30pm
Building a Brand
Would you like to see your work in Elle Decoration, Craft and Design or International Artist?
- Do you want people to know about your work and YOU?
- The importance of networking
- Promoting Yourself
- Writing a Press Release
Workshops will be run by Elizabeth White, an experienced business adviser with Bolton Business Ventures. Author of several business books, an artist and business owner herself, she is passionate about helping creative people build a successful business.
Workshops will be held at Bolton Octagon Theatre, Howell Croft South, Bolton, BL1 1SB
Drinks will be provided – there is a café on site or bring your own lunch
Places are FREE but limited, so BOOK NOW Call Nina or Coryn on 01204 391 400 or email [email protected]