Our aim is to foster and promote the advancement of education of the public in contemporary visual art, craft and design by developing artistic understanding and participation in visual art, craft and design and by stimulating and promoting high standards of visual arts practice, craftsmanship and design and by providing greater access to the arts to the public.
Manchester Craft & Design Centre is a unique base for creative enterprise, housing a community of independent businesses. We live by our values which are:
About sharing our knowledge and space
We work together and with partners to reach our goals
We support each other, and nurture new talent and ideas
We aim for excellence and high standards in all we do
We believe in testing out new ideas and approaches. You can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs!
We will support the achievement of our aims by:
- Making craft and design accessible to the public
- Identifying and nurturing new and existing talent
- Developing a healthy ecology for new and existing makers, designers and audiences
- Contributing to Manchester’s cultural map
- Bridging traditional artisan skills and contemporary techniques and ideas
- Demonstrating excellence and confidence in everything we do