Planning a group visit?
If you’re a school, college or specialist interest group, you’ll find Manchester Craft & Design Centre an inspiring destination for a self-guided visit. Your group can see a wide variety of craftspeople and designers at work in their combined studio and retail spaces.
A visit to the Centre is ideal for students studying at GCSE level upwards, as well as adult specialist interest groups.
So whether you’re at a local college or University, part of a U3A or WI group, or just a group of friends who’d like to find out more – we’d love to welcome you to MCDC.
Please note that our hardworking sole traders are very busy in the lead up to Christmas and therefore we are not be able to accommodate group visits in December. Please call us on 0161 832 4274 before your visit.
What we offer:
FREE – Brief Introductory Talk led by a member of the management team.
£30 – Use of space2 for up to half a day, themed talk/tour led by a member of the management team – choose from:
- Craft Centre past and present.
- Running a small craft business.
- Others available on request.
£70 – As above, plus a 20 minute ‘Meet the Maker’ talk led by one of our resident makers.
(This fee will pay the maker and is in line with A-N recommendations).
- Max going into studios at a time: three (our resident makers work in compact studio spaces, making and selling their work. Having three at a time minimises disruption to their businesses).
- space2 seated with tables – max 15.
- space2 seated theatre style no tables – max 25.
- General visits: we recommend no more than 25. If you have a larger group, we recommend splitting your group with other local attractions such as Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art and Manchester Art Gallery.
- Trip organisers are responsible for Health & Safety risk assessments and the supervision of students or group members in the Centre.
- Our Office team are available to provide introductory talks and arrange group packages for weekdays only. Please give us 2 weeks notice of your visit, to avoid group clashes.
- You are welcome to take photographs of our building and exhibition, but please be aware that photography in studios is not allowed due to copyright reasons.
- Please ask for permission from artists before doing direct observational drawings of their work for copyright reasons.
- Please be aware of public access requirements by not blocking stairwells and entrances to studios. Please be aware that the ground floor seating is reserved for Oak St. Café Bar customers.
How to book
Group Visit Contact FormWe would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Or contact the management office to discuss your requirements.
T: 0161 832 4274
Office hours: Monday to Friday 10am – 5:30pm
- Group Visits Resource Pack Group-Resource-Pack-Final-Version-Email-Katab.pdf