Manchester Craft & Design Centre is a top destination to experience contemporary craft and design in the North West. We make an important contribution to Manchester’s cultural scene but cannot take this good work forward without securing new investment.
- The Centre is free to visit. We welcome over 100,000 visitors per year to meet our resident makers and see them at work. Our exhibitions showcase the best of craft and design talent at work today.
- We contribute to the development of the craft sector by promoting new graduates and offering opportunities through our makers’ network.
- We are an important part of Manchester’s place as a centre for arts and culture. We were at the vanguard of the Northern Quarter’s regeneration and have kept our market heritage alive. Architecturally our building is one-of-a-kind and without us, it would have fallen into disrepair or private hands: we believe it is worth preserving.
Why support us?
- Our exhibitions are free to attend but each one costs around £4,000 to set up. We need help to continue to support and showcase the best contemporary craft and design talent at work today and make craft and design accessible to the public in this way.
- We need help to continue to contribute to the development of the contemporary craft sector both regionally and nationally. Marketing the Centre costs around £14,000 each year. Our public craft workshops cost around £400 each to run.
- It costs around £30,000 per year just to keep our building open. Our big vision is to raise £2 million to refurbish the space, revealing its history and improving the facilities to provide an affordable and inspiring environment for talented artists and visitors.
Make a donation, or find out more about corporate sponsorship and team building away-days. Or to discuss other options for supporting the Centre’s work, please email our Director, Kate Day, or call 0161 832 4274