Whilst we do not currently have any available studios, we accept applications for our waiting list all year round.
Manchester Craft and Design Centre provides a unique opportunity to make and sell in the heart of Manchester City Centre’s creative Northern Quarter.
Our studio spaces are a unique mixture of selling and making space. Please note studios must be used for making.
Hear from Lee Page Hanson about his experiences as a Resident Maker here.
As a resident maker in one of our studios, you will benefit from :
- Access to our heavily subsidised programme of Creative Business Development workshops
- Being part of our creative community of support, including the combined experience of our Resident Makers
- 24 hour access
- Opportunities to exhibit at high profile events such as Manchester Art Fair and the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair
- Reduced hire prices for our workshop room, Space2
- Marketing for the Centre including national PR and advertising
How do I join?
Please ensure you read the following before applying.
Please submit your EXPRESSION OF INTEREST if you’d like to be considered for one of our studios. A member of our team will contact you within four weeks of submitting your application.
Our makers must have the following qualities:
- Genuine skill and ambition
- Create unique or limited batch-work (small quantities)
- Are continually striving for excellence and individuality
We are a contemporary craft organisation and are therefore accepting applications from ambitious makers working in materials including silver and other metalwork, ceramics, textiles, wood, furniture, glass, millinery and paper.
We are not currently looking to add more jewellery makers to the Centre.
We will not accept applications from artists working with: photography, fine art, painting, beauty products, and candles.
The rent for our studios is charged per square foot, and range between £161-£600 per studio per month, not including bills. The opportunity to share a studio is available, please indicate whether you would be open to this option in your expression of interest.
Please first take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page.
For any further enquiries please contact the management team on 0161 832 4274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(images © Visit England)
- MCAD Artistic Policy MCAD-Artistic-Policy-2017.pdf