On the Wire: Call for Submissions
Are you a designer or maker wanting to exhibit in Manchester?
On The Wire is a fantastic opportunity at Manchester Craft & Design Centre which allows a selection of artists to hang their work from a suspended wire overlooking our beautiful entrance area. This opportunity is open to any maker working in the UK in any craft or design-based practice.
This is an exciting opportunity to add another dimension to your current practice, seen from a variety of angles to a large number of visitors, potentially becoming a key focal point for the popular events we run here at MCDC. Below are some images from previous years.
- The piece must be under 7 metres long (7m wire total length)
- The total maximum weight must be 10kg or less
- Objects must be able to be installed by hand (i.e. without machinery or scaffolding)
- Artwork must not present a fire risk
- Entrants should read our [artistic policy] before submitting their proposal. As a contemporary craft organisation we do not prioritise or exhibit fine art, photography or heritage craftwork that seeks to restore or reproduce.
How to make your application stand out:
- Be unique – we won’t exhibit work that copies, competes or duplicates work already on show at MCDC
- Be ambitious – the atrium is a large space
- Photography – don’t do your work a disservice with poor photography.
How to apply:
Deadline: Monday 30 October 2017
Installation: Friday 10th Nov 2017
Please fill in the application form below
We will contact the successful applicant by 5pm on 31 October 2017.