WORKSHOP : March 16, 2017.
Practical branding and story telling tools for makers
with Patricia Van Den Akker
***This workshop has now sold out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waiting list. Tickets available for Maker Meet Up here***
Thursday 16th March, 10am – 4pm
£20 per person
Many craftspeople talk about improving their brand or telling their story. But where do you start? What can you do? And how do you do it without loads of money? In this workshop Patricia van den Akker will work with you on:
– What actually is branding? And why is creating a brand important for makers?
– How to create your own brand – step by step with lots of creative exercises and examples.
– Who are your clients and how can you make your brand more attractive to them?
– Story telling – what do you want to be known for and how to tell the stories that matter.
– How to find ‘your voice’ and what to write, tweet and blog about.
– Create your own action plan to improve your branding or rebrand your website.
Patricia van den Akker is the Director of The Design Trust, and she is known for her practical but strategic approach to business development for small creative businesses. She talks and writes regularly about creative business development, marketing, social media and much more. She will inspire you to rethink your brand and positioning, and to get you into action to create a brand that works better for you and your dream clients.
Book your place here…
Stay on after the workshop for our free social and networking event for makers. Tickets available here…
You may also be interested in
Studio Space Opportunity
About the Studio – 18/19 A rare and unique business opportunity has become available at Manchester Craft and Design Centre, in the fashionable Northern Quarter area. Located on the second floor, studio 18/19 is a large, bright work and retail space. It is close to the sink (suitable for ceramicists) and sits between two long…
Kaylee Jenkinson shortlisted for Manchester Culture Awards
Kaylee Jenkinson, our former Exhibitions and Events Officer of six years, is a leading Manchester-based champion of independent makers and handmade craft, bringing her passion and knowledge of the subject to all those she supports and the exhibitions she creates. During her time at the Centre she curated an incredibly diverse and inspiring programme of…