And our ‘Spotted Digital Award’ goes to……Circle 52
Here at Manchester Craft & Design Centre we have been spotting talent at regional and national shows since 2011. Our team of judges select makers and artists who we believe are the “ones to watch”, and potential future stars of the arts, craft and design scenes.
As a creative organisation, we are committed to the ongoing support and development of upcoming talent.
For the very first time the team here at MCDC were delighted to be offering an exciting and innovative new prize exclusively for the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair 2013.
After spending the afternoon browsing the beautiful wares on show, the judges came to a unanimous decision. We decided the beautiful woodwork and craftsmanship of Circle 52 stood out from the rest and would be the first ever recipients of the ‘MCDC Spotted Digital Award 2013’.
This recipient of this prestigious award will receive marketing support and promotion across numerous digital platforms like no other.
Here is what Dan Vangrove the maker behind Circle 52 had to say:
‘I am a self-taught designer maker who works with wood and my current range consists of serving boards and side tables – each one of which is a unique piece that is both functional and beautiful. Each serving board and side table is hand crafted to reveal its own unique detail, which means that no two pieces are ever the same. Whilst I do not have a formal arts background, I have always been ‘arty’ and had a keen eye for design and quality and recently set up a workshop in a spare room in my home in the Colne Valley, Pennine Yorkshire.
My inspiration comes from the great outdoors and everything to do with nature. I am passionate about wood and try to source pieces that are rich in grain detail & character and take particular pleasure, from observing how others receive my work and engage with the pieces whilst touching and feeling.’
The MCDC Spotted Digital Award consists of:
– 1 year online sales platform via www.craftanddesign.com as the first featured artist outside the centre itself
– Individual artist profile on www.craftanddesign.com with artist biography as well as images and video content (for 1 year)
– 1 month as MCDC featured artist across all digital platforms
– In-house blog, review, interview or write up with our Exhibitions & Events Officer
– Press release and online marketing support from our Marketing & Digital Manager
– Specific inclusions to our fortnightly e-flyer to our database
– Creation and sharing of a vox pop promotional video
– Free membership to the Manchester Craft and Design Makers’ Network
Keep your eyes peeled for all the latest news and updates, we can’t wait to start working with Circle 52!