Selection procedure and criteria
Our Selection Panel is comprised of MCAD Staff and Board members. They will meet to consider applications and we will let you know if you have been successful as soon as we can.
When assessing an application we will refer to the Studio Recruitment and Artistic Policies. The Selection Panel will assess your application against the following considerations, so please make sure you address them in your application;
- Your creative and business experience or qualifications.
- Your business viability & market appeal.
- Your potential and commitment to creative and professional development.
- Innovative application of creative skills and ideas.
- Whether your work is mainly / completely hand made (i.e. not created with high level of a mass production).
- Your work must not cross over or directly compete with the existing Resident Makers’ work.
- Evidence that you will be committed to the use of workspace and in taking part in MCAD events and activities.
- Evidence that you will be making your work in the studio.
If you are short-listed for interview you will be asked to submit a more detailed cash-flow forecast and business plan.
Application deadline: 10am, Monday 29th February 2016