- Job title:
- Marketing & Digital Manager
Employer: Manchester Craft & Design Centre
When you joined the organisation: March 2015
Please describe your involvement with the Centre, going into relevant detail about your responsibilities and an average day, week, month or year in your role:
Our Centre is often described as ‘a hidden gem’ – it’s certainly a gem but we don’t want it to remain hidden! It’s my job to lead on marketing and digital activity which will bring people through our doors and help us to achieve our mission: to be an unforgettable place to make, see and buy contemporary craft and design.
Name five things that you love about the Centre and independent craft & design:
– It’s an amazing place to come to work – a wonderful old Victorian building at the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter; I’m so lucky to spend my working days in such a creative and inspiring place with something new to see every day!
– There’s so much beautiful work on sale here – I’m a huge fan of all the amazing one-off jewellery – my wish-list gets longer every day!
– One of the really unique things about our Centre is that much of the work on sale here is made here too – I love being able to work alongside such talented people and see their designs come to life.
– It’s fantastic that we are able to play such a huge role in safeguarding our historic building so that it can continue to be enjoyed by the public for free – hopefully for years to come!
– You only have to pop your head round the office door to see what delights Oak Street Cafe is serving up each day – you can’t beat a slice of homemade cake!
What do you consider to be your greatest achievement to date, personally or professionally?
In July 2007 a friend said I’d never be able to run a marathon, (to be fair I struggled to run round the block at the time), but in April 2008 I ran the London Marathon and raised almost £2,000 for charity!